Hey all,

first of all, thanks for such a forum. I'm used to the irc channel, but our labs are blocking irc ports...

I'm a developer without a computer. I've installed Qt open source with mingw support on one of my friends' computer. Now he got it back. I have saved all the installations files on a CD for this situation.

Right now, I have copied the files exactly as they were on the first disk, the only thing that have changed is the directory structure. Because we are forbidden to create folders on the c:\ drive. So I've copied both my qt installation directory and my codeblock IDE directory to c:\temp\victor\ folder.

I thought that all I have to change were in qtvars.bat. It is not the case. The command qmake is still pointing to my old mkspecs dir, c:\qtforusb\mkspecs instead of c:\temp\victor\qtforusb\mkspecs

My little investigation have shown that a variable $$[QT_INSTALLATION_DATA] is outputting that folder. How come? and How to change that?

I need my Qt directory to be portable as possible because I don't own a computer yet.

thanks in advance for helping.