Hi there guys, compliments of the season. I'm creating this web crawler that mines data off websites. Here is my problem, I am using QNAM to pull the HTML from a website and then I create a QWebEnginePage object where I set the HTML to the page for the purpose of using the QWebEnginePage::runJavaScript() to extract the data I need from the HTML. The problem is that the QWebEnginePage::runJavaScript() function doesn't work if I run it immediately after the call to QWebEnginePage::setHtml(). So I resorted to calling a lambda within QObject::connect() where the signal is QWebEnginePage::loadFinished() and the outcome was that QWebEnginePage::runJavaScript() will retrieve data that is typically at the top of the page (e.g. "document.title;" will run) but the function return an empty string for the data that is in the mid-section to the end of the HTML document. This gives me an impression that I am trying to access elements that are not loaded by the page yet, which is confusing because I am running a lambda on a loadFinished() signal. Please see code below.
Qt Code:
  1. void CPT_Page::getTenderSite()
  2. {
  3. page_1 = new QWebEnginePage(this);
  4. page_1->setHtml(tenderPage_reply->readAll());
  6. QWebEngineView *view_1 = new QWebEngineView();
  7. view_1->setPage(page_1);
  8. view_1->show();
  10. QObject::connect(page_1, &QWebEnginePage::loadFinished, [&](){page_1->runJavaScript("document.getElementById(\"rfqsTable\").innerHTML;"
  11. ,[&](const QVariant &data){
  12. qDebug() << data.toString() <<endl;
  13. });});
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
}