Thread: Guidance needed to create a graph for which I should be able to rearrange the nodes.

Qt products
    PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Guidance needed to create a graph for which I should be able to rearrange the nodes.

I need to create something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHdc-wtSmg0

I would like to be able to represent graphs like the one in the clip indicated above and to be able to re arrange the nodes using the mouse. That zoom that you see in the clip is not a must

This would be my first attempt to work with Graphics in Qt. Can anybody point me to some tutorials or examples relevant to my task?

Note: I am a PyQt user

thank you
    MM
    Last edited by MiniMe4Qt; 25th March 2017 at 15:13.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Guidance needed to create a graph for which I should be able to rearrange the nod

You should start by looking at the "elastic nodes" example in the Qt distribution. It's in C++, but you could use that as a starting point. If you Google for that you'll see that there is a YouTube video of a PyQt version (without source code, of course). There are many other examples as part of the Qt Graphics-View framework.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Qt products
    PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Guidance needed to create a graph for which I should be able to rearrange the nod

Thanks a lot! That really helped
    If anyone else is interested here are two examples

https://gist.github.com/reusee/2406975
    http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/centos0/i...lasticnodes.py <--lacks the edges but if you move the nodes they stick to that position. The first example has edges but when you move a node it moves the other connected nodes too

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Yes, the Qt Elastic Nodes example is supposed to demonstrate the graphics / view framework and the animation framework, so it uses animation and simulated springs to move connected nodes and then return them to an equilibrium position after the arrangement is disturbed by moving one of them.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Qt products
    PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by d_stranz View Post
    Yes, the Qt Elastic Nodes example is supposed to demonstrate the graphics / view framework and the animation framework, so it uses animation and simulated springs to move connected nodes and then return them to an equilibrium position after the arrangement is disturbed by moving one of them.
    I will have to find a way to change that functionality
    I do not need the elastic thing, I just need the links to stick to nodes but I must be able to move nodes