Thread: Changing project from .qmlproject to .pro format

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Changing project from .qmlproject to .pro format

I'm working on a project that I initially developed in the .qmlproject format. I have about 6 QML classes defined and dozens of images in the images folder.

I now need to more control past the graphics and will need C++ as part of the design. I started this as a QML Quick UI project with a .pro project file so I can use the C++ and QML files together.

I now need to merge the first QML files with the second phase. I thought it would be as easy as dropping in the old QML files, but it doesn't work that way.

I found that I would have to add EACH QML file individually to the project list, along with ALL the image files. Is there a simpler way to specify this without adding each like this?

And why am I doing this? The project will be done in 2 phases: the first on the PC and the second will be on linux. And it also needs to interface with Matlab for both, which is where C++ comes into play. If I go with .qmlproject I will need to write a plugin to get access to external programs I write to do the interface.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Changing project from .qmlproject to .pro format

It should be as easy as adding all the files to the project. What you might be enountering though is that you execute the program from a different directory than that where your qml files reside so using relative paths for them doesn't work. In that case you might want to embed all the files in the application binary using Qt resource system.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.