Hey guys, I am currently studing for master in electronics and computer engineering, and I'm currently developing an application, for "software engineering" course.

Application: The purposed application has an tcp server able to handle several connections with the robots.
I choosed to work with database/ no files, so i'm using a sqlite db to save information about the robots and their full history, models of robots, tasks, etc...
The robots send us several data like odometry, tasks information, and so on...

I create a thread for every new robot's connection to handle the messages and update the informations of the robots on the database. Now lets start talk about my problems:

The application got to show information about the robots in realtime, and I was thinking about using QSqlQueryModel, set the right query and the show it on a QTableView but then I got to some problems/ solutions to think about:

Problem number 1: There are informations to show on the QTableView that are not on the database: I have the current consumption on the database and the actual charge on the database in capacity, but I want to show also on my table the remaining battery time, how can I add that column with the right behaviour (math implemented) in my TableView.

Problem number 2: I will be receiving messages each second for each robot, so, updating the db and the the gui(loading the query) may not be the best solution when I have a big number of robots connected? Is it better to update the table, and only update the db each minute or something like this? If I use this method I cant work with the table with the QSqlQueryModel to update the tables, so what is the approach that you recommend me to use?

Thanks
SancheZ