Thread: Errors Moc'ing, DEBUG information translating to RELEASE, _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL error

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Errors Moc'ing, DEBUG information translating to RELEASE, _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL error

Hello everyone - newbie to QT, 25 years experience as software engineer (assembly, Modula-II, VB, C, C++, etc)(From Databases, Video, Music Software, etc). So feel free to get as technical as you wish with your response.

The problem here is my unfamiliarity with QT framework with Visual Studio. Attempts to debug an EXISTING QT project leads me here. In RELEASE mode, the program builds correctly no problem (Both in VS and Creator). When switching to DEBUG mode I receive a list of 3 errors (repeated);

Qt Code:
    1. 8 lines->"warning LNK4042: object specified more than once; extras ignored"
    3. 50+ lines of this type error->"moc_abstractextractor.obj : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in abstractextractor.obj"
    5. 50+ lines of this type error->"moc_abstractextractor.obj : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MD_DynamicRelease' in abstractextractor.obj"
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Of course I've already searched several forums for answers. NO there are NOT separate projects. All in one PROJECT. QObject is specified regarding the LNK4052 warning (which as a programmer - I'm not to worried about that yet - error resolution is more important). And many other solutions tried...

What seems to be occurring is "moc_<names>" (e.g. moc-abstractextractor.obj) converts to "<names>" (e.g. abstractextractor.obj) does not get compiled with debugging information. I noticed the modification times are very different - (so they compiler is not just making a copy) - using a hex editor - Debug information is in the moc_ OBJ Files, but not the in "normal names" OBJ files.

I've been in vcproj but didn't see anything unusual (Although this was late at night searching for what is getting thrown out). My next solution is time consuming restructuring of the project (deleting these particular moc files out of the project - renaming - reinserting them and deal with the fixing the errors the show up - which defeated the purpose of QT - because if I do that it all gets reconstructed to strict Visual).

I really hope someone has seen this before and have a good solution. I appreciate any help you might have to offer.
    Last edited by AWEOnline; 31st July 2017 at 18:07.