I'm working on a desktop application and I'm making an effort to use Qt Quick2 instead of QWidgets. I'm having some trouble figuring out how to show a splash screen and provide status update messages while doing some background processing (run a bootstrapper, get data back, use it to initialization main window). In QWidgets this was simple. I just created a QSplashScreen and sent out events with update messages then deleted it and created the main window once I was ready. With Quick, the examples that I've seen are showing static splash screens and then using a Loader or Timer in QML to transition to the main window. However, I haven't seen any examples and can't quite figure out how to do some processing during startup and use that data to manually initialize and show the main window. Can anyone point me in the right direction? So far I've tried using a QQuickView to show the splash screen and I've tried simple calling the load method on QQmlApplicationEngine to show the splash screen and main window, but I haven't hit on a solution that works. I can provide example code if needed. Thanks