Hi,

after a lot of research and trial and error, i hit a dead end. What i want is a QTreeView that has drag&drop enabled, but only file elements inside should be dragable (and not accept drops) and only folder elements should accept drops, and not be dragable.

if i configure the QTreeView like this
Qt Code:
  1. ptrTreeView->setDragEnabled(true);
  2. ptrTreeView->setAcceptDrops(true);
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

or like this
Qt Code:
  1. ptrTreeView->setDragDropMode(QAbstractItemView::DragDropMode::DragDrop);

and set the items to
Qt Code:
  1. ptrFileItem->setDragEnabled(true);
  2. ptrFileItem->setDropEnabled(false);

and the folders to
Qt Code:
  1. ptrFolderItem->setDragEnabled(false);
  2. ptrFolderItem->setDropEnabled(true);

every item is still drag and dropable as if the the configuration of the tree overrides the individual configuration of the items. Do you guys know of a way where this is possible?

Another approach I tried is to let every item have both drag&drop ability but to modify the drop indicator and block/allow the actual drag&dropping in the drag&drop functions, but i did not succeed wit that either.
I created a custom model class derived from QStandardItemModel in which the flags fundtion is overridden
Qt Code:
  1. class MyModel: public QStandardItemModel
  2. {
  3. Q_OBJECT
  5. public:
  6. MyModel(QWidget *parent = Q_NULLPTR) : QStandardItemModel(parent) {};
  8. virtual Qt::ItemFlags flags(const QModelIndex &index) const Q_DECL_OVERRIDE;
  9. }

In the flags function i analyzed the current Item and modified the Qt::ItemFlags so that Drag and Drop was enabled/disabled but still the drop indicator was shown while hovering over all the file/folder items. Is this approach wrong and if so, do you know of a working one?