Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: QObject::connect: No such slot

For future users I can give one advice - don't connect no arguments signals with no argument slots. It was my main problem in this example.
    This is not good advice at all. It is always appropriate to connect a signal with no arguments to a slot with no arguments. In fact, it is the only way such a signal can be connected. QPushButton::clicked() and QAction::triggered() are two very, very common cases of such signals*, and connecting them to no-argument slots is the only way to handle those signals.

I think you still have a basic misunderstanding of signals and slots, otherwise you would not make such a statement.

*Edit: QAbstractButton::clicked() and QAction::triggered() are actually overloaded methods - they come in two forms, one with a bool "checked" argument and another with the bool argument defaulted to false. The signals are usually connected to no-argument slots, which means the bool argument is ignored.
    Last edited by d_stranz; 21st April 2021 at 16:29.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.