I've been working on a minesweeper game using QT Creator in my linux desktop.
qtcreator 4.13.2 on fedora workstation v33

I decided to see what the game looks like on Windows so I downloaded QT creator (v 5.15.2) into my Windows 10 virtual machine. I mounted my linux project directory in a shared folder and attempted to build the project. It acts like it's building ok with green progress bars on the lower right but then stops with a red "Build" progress bar. The compile output page shows this:

19:00:15: Running steps for project KCMines...
19:00:15: Starting: "C:\Qt\6.1.3\mingw81_64\bin\qmake.exe" Y:\KCMines.pro -spec win32-g++ "CONFIG+=debug" "CONFIG+=qml_debug"
Cannot read Y:/build-KCMines-Desktop_Qt_6_1_3_MinGW_64_bit-Debug/KCMines.pro: No such file or directory
Error processing project file: Y:\KCMines.pro
19:00:15: The process "C:\Qt\6.1.3\mingw81_64\bin\qmake.exe" exited with code 3.
Error while building/deploying project KCMines (kit: Desktop Qt 6.1.3 MinGW 64-bit)
When executing step "qmake"
19:00:15: Elapsed time: 00:00.

The share mounted virtual drive is Y:. The directory seems to be mounted correctly and all my files show up; including Y:\KCMines.pro which I'm attempting to build. The path to the build directory is wrong. It should be: Y:\KCMines\build-KCMines-Desktop_Qt_6_1_3_MinGW_64_bit-Debug. The directory got built but qmake is getting the wrong path from somewhere.

Any ideas?