Thread: Hosting a Cwnd inside a widget

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Hosting a Cwnd inside a widget

Migrating a large application to Qt. I have a Window CDialog that I want to host inside a QWidget

How to achieve that? QWinHost doesn't seem appropriate as that seems to require subclassing and modification of a native Windows app event loop which doesn't seem useful.

No I cannot re-implement that dialog in Qt in short order - it will take months of work as it has 10 custom CWnd children not of which are in any way trivial (the smallest is around 3k of code).

thanks
    David

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Hosting a Cwnd inside a widget

You might be able to make use of the QWinWidget class that can be found in the Qt Windows Migration library. This is not part of the standard Qt distribution, so you will probably have to build it yourself. The library was written to help in solving exactly your problem - porting from a Windows application to Qt and hosting a native Windows HWND inside of a Qt widget.

Edit: I see from posts you have made on this same question in other forums that you are already using the Qt migration library, so you are already aware of QWinWidget.
    Last edited by d_stranz; 16th September 2022 at 21:01.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.