hello,

in short my question is this:
- what are the prerequisites to compile Qtopia Core with "-opengl" and how to go about it?

platform:
Linux x86 (powerpc), gcc 3.4.4 or 4.1.1

in more detail:
- im trying to get OpenGL work with QWS - Qtopia Core (tried - 4.2, 4.3, 4.4snapshot), but im having a hard time to even get around some basic information. it seems all works "out of the box" for everything else and Qtopia Core can be compiled and configured in many different ways - but NOT with OpenGL (ES)... it seems that something needs to be copied somewhere before, maybe something needs to be compiled and configured somewhere, somehow...

in these latest snapshots (qtopia-core-opensource-4.4.0-070527) it doesnt proceed with compilation and stops by saying:

The OpenGL ES functionality test failed!
You might need to modify include and library search paths by editing
QMAKE_INCDIR_OPENGL, QMAKE_LIBDIR_OPENGL and QMKAE_LIBS_OPENGL..

thats great, at least we dont wait till compile fail and now know not to expect it to build without doing *some work* before, so my question is simple - what needs to be done to make the following work:

./configure -embedded generic -opengl
make
make install

- what else need to be downloaded, where from and where to put it?
- is there something that needs to be compiled before and outside Qtopia - what, where, how?

- i understand OpenGL ES on Qt/X11 can be *emulated* using "native" X11/mesa OpenGL graphic drivers, but where are the drivers and what libraries and includes does QWS(Qtopia Core) use for OpenGL ES if it works without X11?

- in accordance to above answer, how exactly to modify QMAKE_INCDIR_OPENGL, QMAKE_LIBDIR_OPENGL and QMKAE_LIBS_OPENGL before trying - "./configure -opengl"?

thank you,
zelko