Thread: qt4 loses my widgetstack pages

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    Windows

Default qt4 loses my widgetstack pages

i'm moving from qt3 to qt4 but encountered some real problems with the way the porting tool handled some of my ui files. my biggest problem is that my app is widgetstack heavy, but in the port, the tool only moved over the first page. i don't know whether the other pages are still there but not visible, but i can't seem to access them (i don't think they were processed).

anyone else have this problem? what have others done?

thanks,
    lou

Thanks
    Thanked 1,519 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: qt4 loses my widgetstack pages

First of all, I must admit that I'm not very experienced in porting from Qt3 to Qt4. I started with Qt4 myself and I haven't ported any real applications but only helped a few people with their particular problems.

Quote Originally Posted by illuzioner View Post
    anyone else have this problem? what have others done?
    It is very unfortunate if the porting tool really manages to lose pages belonging to a stack of widgets. I haven't heard anyone having similar problem and nothing about such problem is mentioned in the porting notes either. Maybe rest of the pages contain somehow problematic widgets and therefore the porting tool skips them?

All I can do for now is to persuade you to take it as a challenge of learning Qt4 and to do the porting by hand. The differences between Qt3's QWidgetStack and Qt4's QStackedWidget look pretty much cosmetic anyway. In case you bump into other problems, let us know and we'll be happy to help!
    J-P Nurmi