Thread: how to create library from .pro file(project file and how to use library in applicati

Thanks

Default how to create library from .pro file(project file and how to use library in applicati

helo, i have one LHMail project file
    i want to create library file and want to use it in my application
    now how to create library file and how to use this library in my application
    what configuration i have to required for bulding library and using it from application
    Best Regards,
    Amit

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: how to create library from .pro file(project file and how to use library in appli

Quote Originally Posted by amit_pansuria View Post
    helo, i have one LHMail project file
    i want to create library file and want to use it in my application
    now how to create library file and how to use this library in my application
    what configuration i have to required for bulding library and using it from application
    Best Regards,
    Amit
    In your library project file, use TEMPLATE=lib. If you want a create a shared library use CONFIG += dll, and if you want to create a static library use CONFIG += staticlib.

Once the library is created, you can use LIBS += -L searchpath -l libname in your main application project file (see Qt docs). Be sure to #include the header file for your library....

Thanks

Default Re: how to create library from .pro file(project file and how to use library in appli

Quote Originally Posted by magland View Post
    In your library project file, use TEMPLATE=lib. If you want a create a shared library use CONFIG += dll, and if you want to create a static library use CONFIG += staticlib.

Once the library is created, you can use LIBS += -L searchpath -l libname in your main application project file (see Qt docs). Be sure to #include the header file for your library....
    suppose i in my library project file i use TEMPLATE = lib .
    now i want to create lib file then i have to give
    #qmake project file
    # make
    if it will successfully compile then it will build .lib file
    this is right or not.
    and where i have to locate the lib file

Amit

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I'm working on using QT's plugin system to create libraries for my software. Here is the link to the doc section that talks about QT Plugins:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/plugins-howto.html

Here is a post I made earlier with sample code for a plugin:
    http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-qt-p...ghlight=plugin

*Note: You will need to fix the createWidget declaration in interface.h by making it a pure virtual function, like wysota was saying .

Honestly, after reading through the plugin page, going over the paint example in the docs and creating a sample, it is really easy to extend your app through the QT Plugins.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Is it possible to convert it for qtcreator 1.3 ????