Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Qt 4.3.0 lots of Bugs!

Ok, I upgraded to 4.3 today, and basically most of my skin is now messed up.

Example, border-image property now has "Stretch and repeat", and instead of stretching it normally and in an amazing way like in 4.2, now they messed it up completely for the sake of a tiny millisecond optimization by "dividing the image into 9 parts and repeating the middle-parts for more optimization". This rule just pixelates all my treewidgets and other things. I can actually see the lines of color changes, its not even a gradient anymore just a bunch of lines of awful graphic rendering.

Why did they make skinning 100x worse in 4.3, did they forget to test it??? Or did they think the pixelation bugs are just better looking?

Doesn't make any logical sense, why they would fix something that wasn't broken.

In addition, normal PNG images are now blurry and awful. Somehow, some of my backgrounds just felt like disappearing. My TreeWidget now has a horizontal scrollbar that wasn't there in 4.2.3, plus a bunch of other random bugs that make absolutely no sense. Really did they beta test for 1 week, because I don't see how they can go from the awesomeness of 4.2.3 to 4.3's crappy untested graphics enhancements. The only thing they did well in 4.3 is the new stylable widgets in stylesheets.
    Last edited by VireX; 10th June 2007 at 23:12.