Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Qt 4.3.0 lots of Bugs!

Talking to me about arrogance when you are walking in here telling me that my code is wrong without even seeing my code? Then making assumptions on what kind of C++ Guru I am without ever meeting me before or reviewing tons of my code? Who's the arrogant know-it-all conclusion-jumper here?? Only you...

I used correct code, I didn't randomly type code that I pulled out of thin air, I look at examples in Qt and I use the documentation very well, so stop jumping to these silly childish conclusions that I'm arrogant or this or that, or that I'm just not good at C++ and other mean and disrespectful assumptions. I have not shown any of you any disrespect, and I've had about 200 posts, where I never claimed this was 100% a Qt bug, and I never even posted on TaskTracker before, and I always ask here first if I have a problem before I assume the worst, or else I wouldn't have made this silly thread which has had 0 results and full of nasty comments blaming me for bugs in Qt.

Now I have kept my attitude quite clean without resorting to disrespectful words such as "rude" "arrogant" or other insults that is quite childish.

I did provide reproduced bug, so you can stop typing your arrogant post and actually READ MY POSTS with an 8th grade comprehension level at least.

It seems like you guys are more interested in blaming me and acting like Qt is infallible rather than looking at this with an open mind that Qt may actually have bugs. I may not be a Qt Guru, but dont you dare make assumptions about my C++ skills since you truly do not know what my experience is. I used proper code that any logical person would think up by reading documents, examples, and asking on these forums, if my code is wrong, then so is half the people on this forum since I have had help from them for many things.

I have seen quite a few versions of Qt, and never has there been this many bugs that I can easily spot, and don't tell me the difference between a QT BUG and a bug that appears to be a Qt bug but is actually my own mistake, I've had plenty experience with both. I'm not some Qt coder that just started yesterday, I know the differences. I don't come on this forum and talk about Qt bugs unless I have exhausted every other option. I understand that 4.x.z, when z is rising there is usually less bugs, when x is rising there is usually more bugs because of new features and usual 'recoding' of old features. All I am doing as a duty is talking about these bugs and reporting them and confirming them, as any Qt programmer would.

Up to this point I have kept my tone quite mature, and attitude quite openminded, I have not blamed anyone except I have said that these are Qt bugs that could have been fixed in beta, and 4.2.3 worked and therefore why ruin 4.3.0? This is merely a calm suggestion not the exaggeration you are coughing out now. Stop demonizing me and my attitude it doesn't help anyone except make hate. If you truly believe it's not a bug, prove it by fixing it with my reproducable code, if you can't reproduce it, that's not my problem, but it does happen in my current state and if you can't reproduce the environment, doesn't mean the bug doesn't exist. Now stop blaming me, and instead fix the bug if you think I am THIS WRONG, instead of ranting.

From the start of this thread I have been treated as some "jumping-to-conclusions" "arrogant" and insistant newbie at Qt, because you see so many in your experience, but I am not making up these bugs i am truly right about them, as you can see no one can find a valid solution for them. I came here to confirm that you cannot find a valid solution for them, since I already tried every possible solution for many hours before I came here. If it was my mistake, I'm sure this thread would have ended in page 1.

Back on topic to Wysota's question:
    background-image doesn't work well, not because of bugs, but because I have multiple push buttons with border-image etc, which override background-image and mess up my buttons. Also if you do pushbutton { background-image } it doesn't work for me, turns out a white plain button.
    Last edited by VireX; 12th June 2007 at 19:02.