Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Qt Centre

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Hello Qt Centre

Hello, fellow members! Newbie here at Qt Centre, thought I'd stop by this thread and post my first message wishing you all a Happy New Year and all the best.

See you around the forum!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Hello folks,
    I am a complete newbie to QT and very much intrested in it.Can anybody suggest aome easy ways to start with it (like some useful blogs,tutorials etc..)well the three tutorials on the official site..are not that intresting ;i am looking for some conceptual and good examples...
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by Noks View Post
    Hello folks,
    Hi!

Can anybody suggest aome easy ways to start with it (like some useful blogs,tutorials etc..)well the three tutorials on the official site..are not that intresting ;i am looking for some conceptual and good examples...
    There are over 300 examples in Qt docs. Morever there is our wiki and this forum. This should be enough to start (focus mainly on the examples in the docs and the reference itself).
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Hello everyone!

I'm just popping by to say hello to the community because the forum said that I should I'm a full time developer, that is unfortunate enough to not have a job programming for Qt, and also a full time open source developer! I try to keep myself busy working on a crazy number of things all at once. If you want to see what I mean then just take a look at my profile on Gitorious ( my nick over there is mansona ).

I hope I can be helpful to the discussions here and can help testing the Qt framework to its limits!

-A

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Symbian S60

Hello to all members and guests of this beautiful forum.
    I really appreciate programming in Qt.
    It's a good place here.

A+

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hello everyone. I just started programming with Qt, so I have lots of questions. I've also been GUI programming fro some time now, so hopefully I'll also have some helpful answers!

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11

Default Re: hello members

hello all qt fans
    i am a qt newbie from China

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Greetings everyone,

I am a Web Developer (Ruby) who is getting into Qt. I studied C/C++ in University 8 years ago then forgot everything.

I am mainly interested in Qt for programming Japanese Learning applications for the Nokia N900 so I have something to do on the trains going to and from work.

Hopefully I won't ask too many stupid questions. Most of them will probably be something like "How do you do X with Qt, point me to the class name because I cannot find any hints after googling"

(Case in point, I was almost about to ask how you display Japanese text in Qt, after much googling I failed, I then search the forum and was about to give up when I saw a post about QTextCodec, something my "Qt Japanese QFont" searching never came close to).

Cheers

RJ

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms

Hello All,

I am a software engineer working in Mobile technologies esp. Symbian. I had used Qt during my academics, in Linux for a project involving device drivers (used Qt for creating a nice GUI). Later, I used Qt for an interfacing project in Windows. This was 2 years back. I always had a feeling that Qt would progress. I like the Qt's architecture and esp. the 'Signal/Slot' mechanism. Now, Qt has come to fore esp. in Mobile platforms. Lately, I am trying out Qt for 60 and it looks great on Symbian devices. Symbian & Qt are a perfect match, because without Qt its really difficult (and I know it) to achieve same level of finesse and look n feel.

I am mainly interested in using Qt for mobile and embedded platforms viz. Symbian, Maemo and the new "Meego". Also, using Qt for OpenGL programming.

Regards,
    Azhar

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Cool Hello Greeting

ALL:

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the community. I'm BillWayne, a "newbie" to QT, a part-time to fulltime C++ programmer and enthusiast of object oriented coding. C++ is my favorite language but I also use Java. I just came across QT and I am trying to learn it ( if I can ever get it installed properly on my computer). So Cheers!

BillWayne:

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Hello Greeting

Quote Originally Posted by BillWayne View Post
    ALL:

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the community. I'm BillWayne, a "newbie" to QT, a part-time to fulltime C++ programmer and enthusiast of object oriented coding. C++ is my favorite language but I also use Java. I just came across QT and I am trying to learn it ( if I can ever get it installed properly on my computer). So Cheers!

BillWayne:
    Hello All,

Please answer below question. It is work stopper for me my dear friends

I want to use qt-sdk-win-opensource-2010.01.exe file from the path http://get.qt.nokia.com/qtsdk/ . This is to write a small application using the QT Libraries (to open up the native file dialog window using “QFILEDIALOG CLASS”) in windows. Is license required or is it a freeware?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 913 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Hello Greeting

@khan: Ehm, please do not start multiple post on the same topic. Also do not wildly quote without using it. Third, please choose the right forum and topic!

And since I guess I have never write to that topic: Hi all, I am new here!

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Question newbie editing the wiki?

Hey guys,

I'm new here. My department's been using Qt for a few months now and we're doing quite nicely.

We've hit a few walls in the meantime though, one of them being handling custom types on DBus.
    We managed to get around most of the issues and I've written a tutorial on how we did it.

That tutorial has been posted on TechBase, but i'd like to get it in the tutorials section of the wiki here at Qt centre as well.
    However, it seems I need to be more active before I can edit pages...
    Is there any way around that? I'd like to get it done now, while I'm finishing up the TechBase post instead of getting back to it in a while (with a decent chance of not getting around to it anymore)...

If just posting this gets me qualified, that'd be great

Cheers,
    Jeroen
    Last edited by lostunicorn; 26th April 2010 at 17:50. Reason: title was off

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt Jambi
    Platforms
    Windows

What's up girls and boys?

Qt here I come.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi QTians

Myself S P. A QT Lover to the core but just a beginner. Hope with the help of all of you I can make my love with my QT more strong

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

hello world of Qt

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Hello to all!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

hello everyone~

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Hello To All Qt Members and Experts. I m new to this QT World but keep looking for developing a variety of application for different platforms.

Qt products
    Qt4

Hello to the QtCenter Looking forward to talking with you guys about good ole Qt and since I'm taking a real tough class on this material I'll probably be here ofter, lol. Cheers!