Thread: Qt4.4 binaries for windows

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Qt4.4 binaries for windows

Hi everybody,

are there already any Qt4.4 binaries available for Windows? I want to develop some OSS cross platform application which will also play back some videos and thought that phonon would be the perfect solution ;-) . But beeing at home in the Linux-world I'm overstrained in building the whole Qt including the DirectX-SDK etc. pp. by myself (at least I gave up last time with ffmpeg, Qt4.3 and SDL *g*).

Since the application will of course be compiled against the final version from Trolltech for the shipping, I only search some "mostly working" ;-) builds to start playing around with now.

So, are there
    • ready to use binaries of the Qt4.4tp1 or sth. similar (setup.exe including gcc *g*)?
    • good instructions how to get a complete build environment in a naked windows?

Sorry for this noob-question, you may move this post to the Newbie-forum if it's better off there :-)

Thanks,
    mm

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Qt4.4 binaries for windows

Those don't relate to the question of Qt 4.4

I've been trying to get that built for the past couple days here. It wouldn't compile with Visual Studio Express 2005 (some error I didn't have time to dig through) but it did compile ok with the full version. However, by default it seems to compile phonon, but none of the backends that are necessary to actually play anything. So my app starts but then complains that it doesn't have any backends.

So.. Now I've gone into src/plugins/phonon/ds9 and done a qmake nmake from there. That required the DirectX SDK and it seems also the DirectShow SDK which is part of the microsoft platform SDK. Just installing that now, so I'll see how it goes.

Developing on windows is such a pain.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Qt4.4 binaries for windows

Well it compiled. The media player example works, and my app works with local files, but not with streams. Either it will just sit there in the loading state forever, or it will output "an error occurred "IDispatch error #149"" and go into the error state. So it seems the directX backend isn't entirely done yet, because the same code works on Linux with the xine backend (using the separately packaged libphonon which KDE4 uses)....