Hi all there...

I need a dialog to open/save images in my application, i want it to be as close to native windows open/save dialogs as possible but with preview of currently selected image area on the right side.

Windows dialogs can't be reused because they are modal on the level of application & method that calls then returns after dialog is closed.
It's teoretically possible to start dialog in separate thread and reparent it to own widget, but i think it's bad idea - lots of work and unsure effects...

So... i've decided to design custom dialog, and I found some difficulties with comboBox that selects current drive/directory.
First: it contains desktop, my documents, my network places, drives via my computer, recent files ect... I want to use QDirModel with drives only(at least for now), but I'd like to make this combobox as similar as possible to native original in final version, and have no idea how to do it.
Second: Original comboBox is hierarchical, so i think i must write own comboBox that uses treeView instead of built-in list, unless anybody knows better approach to do this...

I think it's quite common components that should be written as good as possible to be reusable so ANY suggestions & ideas are welcome...