Hello to all!
I am new here. At the time, I am trying to make a window application on Linux, on QDevelop, using gui's created on Qt4. This app will use gstreamer to record and play avi's.

I have some questions, because i am stuck! If anyone can help...

1. Is there any good sample, tutorial on how to use gstreamer on a c++ application (sinks, elements), just to record and play, apart from gst doc? I haven't found anywhere something to explain how to simply click a button on a Qt app and play a video using gstreamer.

2. How exactly can I view a list of strings in a table widget in a window and then choose an entry and get a value from it?

3. Where should I create an object in QDevelop, so as to use this one object in the entire application?
In simple words, I have to do sth like this RecorderComm rm = new RecorderComm(ip,port), and then, on the whole application, in all of its window, i will have to use functions of RecorderComm (rm.func1, and so on..)

As you may have understood, my app will connect to a server to get the video to be played.

Thank you in advance!

I am a computer engineering student from Greece, who just got to know gstreamer, Qt4 and QDevelop!