Thread: Itemview D&D mimeData

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Itemview D&D mimeData

I have and QTableView that I have set to allow drag and drops. I implemented these three methods in the model: mimeTypes, mimeData and dropMimeData. When I attempt to drag and item from my view and drop it in a different location within the same view, I can see that mimeTypes is called and dropMimeData is called, but I do not see when mimeData is called. Isn't the QTableView supposed to automatically call mimeData? I really do not want to subclass the QTableView if I don't have to.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Itemview D&D mimeData

mimeData is used for dragging, not dropping. It will be called earlier in the sequence.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

I put a print in my mimeData and the other methods and did not see it called. That is why I am confused about it. I knew it was used for dragging (exporting the data into the QMimeData).

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Maybe the prototype of the method is incorrect? Double check the const keywords, etc.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Thanks, I got that working. I fat-fingered something else, so that it wasn't called.

Has anyone seen any problems with a seg fault when dropping an item into the table view (not specifically on an item in the view)?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Even if I answer "yes" here, it won't help you much as the number of different thing causing a segmentation fault can be huge. It'd be better if you provided a backtrace from the debugger and/or contents of your dropMimeData method.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Thanks anyway. I have to do the flags correctly and handle it when dropping onto the blank space in the view.