Thread: I have a script named c in $PATH, make tries to use it, build fails.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Question I have a script named c in $PATH, make tries to use it, build fails.

Greetings.

I'm trying to build Qt in my machine.

Qt's main Makefile uses c as C compiler.

But c is the name of a script used in my company's environment to make some other stuff. I cannot change it because it's a company-wide standard and without admin powers I cannot do anything about it locally. I cannot change $PATH entirely because I need some other scripts and binaries that are in the same place as that script named c.

Question: Is there a replacement to it? Can I edit the Makefile replacing c with gcc?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: I have a script named c in $PATH, make tries to use it, build fails.

After struggling a little bit I found out that setting $CC = gcc makes qmake generate Makefiles using gcc as C compiler.

I think there is something buggy in configure script because despite passing the -platform linux-g++ option whose the corresponding mkspecs specifies gcc as C compiler, the generated Makefiles seem to use the value of $CC variable.