Thread: macdeployqt doesn't work at all.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default macdeployqt doesn't work at all.

I've been trying to deploy my app on OSX, without success. The docs say that it is just a matter of running macdeployqt myapp.app -dmg to create the dmg, but I can't get it to work.

When I build my app, then run macdeployqt, it says it is copying plugins from /usr/plugins, which doesn't exist. Sure enough, the app folder has no plugins, so I can't load images or use my sqlite functions.

I copied the plugins manually into the app folder (Contents/PlugIns) and created my own compressed dmg manually. That installed and ran correctly on my dev machine, but it doesn't run on any other mac. On a mac with 10.4.11, it doesn't launch at all, no feedback. On a mac with 10.5, it ran but immediately crashed with an error about loading the SVG module (no image found). The SVG dll is in the package though, as a framework.

All these problems seem to indicate that I'm doing something wrong, because I can't really find other people that are having problems with the tool. Is there something special I need to do that I'm missing? The docs don't have much about the macdeployqt tool. I would go the statically linking route, but it seems it is going the way of the dodo with the cocoa port, so I would prefer to figure out how to do it properly.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: macdeployqt doesn't work at all.

nm, solved the problem. I copied the plugins to /usr/plugins and it works. Looks like that's a bug with the sdk.