Hello,

I'm pretty new to Qt, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me ideas or tips on how to implement the following:

I want to make some kind of selector widget that I can eventually add to a QTreeView (I'll worry about that later). The widget will basically be a horizontal array of maybe 16 or 32 small toggle-able buttons or boxes or something (maybe QPushButtons with setCheckable(true)). I want to be able to select or deselect an arbitrary amount of them, then be able to drag the selected ones and drop them into another QTreeView in the same window (at which point that sub-window will deal with the dropped items, which I'll also worry about later).

I guess I'm wondering if the PushButton way above is a good way to do it, or should I just make the thing from scratch (which would mean dealing with what each little box looks like selected and unselected, figuring out how to make them drag-and-droppable, etc.). I figured an array of PushButtons seemed to make sense because it already has most of that functionality and I shouldn't reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. I also don't want to run into problems when I have to make delegates for the thing to be displayed in the TreeView. Any advice would be appreciated.