Thread: Alpha background color though stylesheets on standalone dialogs / widgets

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default Alpha background color though stylesheets on standalone dialogs / widgets

Hi,

I seem to have a weird problem. I am hoping for some pointers.

Goal
    -----

1. A Tray Icon
    2. No Main Window
    3. Launch standalone widgets / dialogs based on action chosen from the tray icon menu.

Issue that I am facing
    --------------------------

I would like to have a background with an alpha component. For my widgets / dialogs.
    If I set my style-sheet to "background-color:rgb(0,0,0)", things are fine. However, If I try "background-color:rgba(0,0,0,200)" or something like that, I just get a completely transparent widget / dialog.

This style-sheet (along with alpha) works on QMainWindow which comes with a default UI application in the QtCreator.

I tried the style-sheet both from the Form Designer and by setting the style-sheet in code. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any pointers on what I might be doing wrong ? I know I can override the paintEvent method and get whatever I want, but it would be far more complicated and time consuming.

Thank you.

Note: I am using Qt 4.5.2 on Snow Leopard (I tried some of these experiments on Windows and it didn't help)

Bharat Varma

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Alpha background color though stylesheets on standalone dialogs / widgets

I suggest you to go through shaped clock example. This is quite similar with your goals. And you can use QWidget::setWindowOpacity() too.

3. The following user says thank you to yogeshgokul for this useful post:

bharat (18th September 2009)