Thread: How to update the File attribute and summary details from QT code

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default How to update the File attribute and summary details from QT code

I am in mid of some module development using QT . The module covers file explorer logic. In that logic, in need to provide an option to change the file attribute and summary details.

Basically when we right click on a file in Windows Operating system , we get the file properties dialog where we can see the attributes of the file and also the summary details. From QT code , i have to update those attributes and summary details.

It could be great for me if any one helped me with requried information on the same.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: How to update the File attribute and summary details from QT code

Quote Originally Posted by senthilsp View Post
    Basically when we right click on a file in Windows Operating system , we get the file properties dialog where we can see the attributes of the file and also the summary details. From QT code , i have to update those attributes and summary details.
    There is no way to update most of those attributes if you actually mean modify when you referr to "update". Things like permissions etc. can be changed however by using QFile's member functions: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6-snapsho...e-members.html.

But things like information about filesize, when it was last modified etc. can of course not be modified. It wouldn't make sense to do so anyway. Stuff like that is supposed to be handled by the operating system.

Cheers
    momesana