Thread: Delay DLL loading ?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Delay DLL loading ?

Hi,

I have this very annoying message "Qt: Could not initialize OLE (error 80010106)" that I have been trying to get rid off forever. I searched everywhere for a solution for this problem but I can't fixing and I am banging my head against the wall at the moment. It happens because I am using opencv with qt and apprently the opencv "highgui110.dll" is being loaded before the qt dlls causing this annoying message to appear. I searched for the meaning of this error and it's about the inability to change the priority of a thread once it starts. The closest I've been to a solution is if I move "highgui110.dll" from the local folder to another folder that is in the PATH then I don't get this error. So it seems that by doing that I am delaying its loading, is there any way of doing it by delay load linking or whatever .... ? I am using mingw32 by the way so I can't use the /delayload flag used in MS compiler.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Delay DLL loading ?

The only way I know of is to not link against the library but instead load it dynamically using QLibrary and then resolve all the symbols manually. Apart from that I'm afraid it will be easier to solve the problem if you look at some specialized Win32 or MinGW forum.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.