Thread: USe Qt Creator for windows mobile projects

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default USe Qt Creator for windows mobile projects

I've setup the Qt framework and Qt Creator correctly, and everything works fine for windows development. There is only one small question left: Is it, in any way, possible to use Qt Creator also for windows mobile development? I've compiled the framework for windows mobile and it works using Visual Studio 2010, but I would prefer Qt Creator over Visual Studio for Qt development..

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: USe Qt Creator for windows mobile projects

currently windows mobile sdk does not work with QtCreator.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: USe Qt Creator for windows mobile projects

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeath View Post
    currently windows mobile sdk does not work with QtCreator.
    Thank you for the reply! I now that the windows mobile sdk is not supported by default from Qt Creator, but I've seen that you can add different Qt versions in Qt Creator (Tools/Settings/Qt4/Versions). Is it possible to add the windows mobile version of Qt there and then use this version to build a windows mobile executable? (I know that there would be no support for deploying and debugging..)

Ok, I've played a bit with the settings above, but I stell get an error. It seems that it is maybe possible to use Qt Creator to build a windows mobile app, but at the moment I'm in trouble with an error I don't understand.

I've added some custom build steps in the project config to setup the visual studio and windows mobile sdk environment. Setting up the visual studio environment works (as I can see in the compile output). But I get an error using the "setcepaths.bat" script for setting up the windows mobile sdk. The error is "Could not find any installed SDK, aborting!" and then it trys to launch "tmp_created_script_setup.bat" which it can't find (I don't added this as build step). Then it launches qmake which works without errors. At least it trys to compile everything using jom.exe (a nmake alternative using multicore) which throws the following error: "Cannot open include file: 'stddef.h'. I've also tried using nmake which throws the same error.

After searching a bit I've found out that stddef.h is related to mingw which should not be used as the compiler in this project (never have set it up). When I open a new command window and enter all the build steps manually, I end up with the expected executable without any errors..

So, any ideas what is the difference between running the build scripts in a command window and running them in Qt Creator?

Greetings
    Last edited by BenPa; 15th February 2010 at 15:56. Reason: Added new information I got trying to make it run