Hello,

I'm creating a simple watchdog program that watches a process. If the process exits or crashes I want to restart the process. My dialog has a program exe and working directory line edits, for program selection, along with Start/Stop/Restart buttons. It has a QTimer for automatically restarting a crashed/exited program after N seconds.

My program functions as a systray icon that provides message bubbles based on the status or any crash/exit events. So I have the QProcess signals connected like this in my dialog's constructor:
Qt Code:
  1. process = new QProcess();
  2. connect(process, SIGNAL(error(QProcess::ProcessError)), this, SLOT(handleProcessError(QProcess::ProcessError)));
  3. connect(process, SIGNAL(finished(int, QProcess::ExitStatus )), this, SLOT(handleProcessFinish(int, QProcess::ExitStatus)));
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

When pushing the stop button, I want to kill the process with QProcess::kill(). When the process is killed, naturally, the handleProcessError slot gets called and I do not want this. I wanted to disable this by using:
Qt Code:
  1. disconnect(process, SIGNAL(error(QProcess::ProcessError)), 0, 0);
  2. disconnect(process, SIGNAL(finished(int exitCode, QProcess::ExitStatus exitStatus)), 0,0);
  3. process->kill();

I've also tried calling:
Qt Code:
  1. process->disconnect();
  2. process->kill();
in an attempt to blindly disconnect everything.

It appears after calling these disconnect calls the error signal is not actually disconnected as I still get my message bubble popping up telling me that the program has crashed. Furthermore, my handleProcessError slot is designed to call my restart QTimer::start() so that the program will automatically restart.

My hopes to disconnect it have failed and when the user clicks "Stop" I do not want the program to automatically restart. This has led me to deleting the QProcess object, and creating a new instance.

Any ideas as to why the signals are not getting disconnected?

Using Qt 4.5.1 with VS2008

Thanks,
Darryl