Thread: Error: "The Application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way"

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Error: "The Application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way"

Hi all,

I am trying to create a Qt 4.7.1 application using sqlite and the basic gui components both for windows and linux.

The application builds and runs properly in both windows and linux on my development machine.

When trying to distribute the application to other computers, including the dll files which are needed (found them in my qt installation), I get the error "The Application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way" which does not really help.

I can't get the return code since echo %errorlevel% returns 0.

I am using mingw and qt-creator, and used valgrind to get rid of memory leaks (which give a different error anyway).

I'd appreciate a hint to the right direction.

Thanks

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Error: "The Application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way"

Quote Originally Posted by Beherit View Post
    including the dll files which are needed (found them in my qt installation),
    That might be a problem when you have two versions of a certain dll in your installation.
    Some Qt versions include a different version for the tools. If you built your program with another version, chances are this might not work.

You can always use a good debugger and see where it might fail.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Error: "The Application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way"

It turns out the Sqlite driver was not being loaded. So an additional search fixed this issue for me.

Thanks for the reply.