Thread: How to implement the scribblearea widget in my new GUI program using the QtCreator?

Qt products
    Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default How to implement the scribblearea widget in my new GUI program using the QtCreator?

I am trying to make a program like MS Paint, with scribble area and buttons or options to select from. I saw the scribble example and I want to use it on my application. But I dont know how to place the scribble area custom widget on my newly created ui form/window.

Does anyone have an idea on how to do this?
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: How to implement the scribblearea widget in my new GUI program using the QtCreato

In order to use your custom widget in Designer/Creator you have to create a designer plugin.

Read here for more information
    A camel can go 14 days without drink,
    I can't!!!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: How to implement the scribblearea widget in my new GUI program using the QtCreato

Another way could be promote the widget.

Qt products
    Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Is it possible to use a container and just add the scribble area into it?

Qt products
    Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by mcosta View Post
    In order to use your custom widget in Designer/Creator you have to create a designer plugin.

Read here for more information
    thank you for your reply mcosta. I tried creating a custom widget and I was able to produced a .dll. It was also added to the plugins on designer,
    but when I tried to run it, some errors occured.

debug\moc_scribblearea.cpp(44) : warning C4273: 'staticMetaObject' : inconsistent dll linkage
    d:\project\oep\phase2\tools\qt\workspace\oep-build-desktop\debug\../../oep/scribblearea.h(53) : see previous definition of 'public: static QMetaObject const ScribbleArea::staticMetaObject'
    debug\moc_scribblearea.cpp(44) : error C2491: 'ScribbleArea::staticMetaObject' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed
    debug\moc_scribblearea.cpp(54) : warning C4273: 'ScribbleArea::metaObject' : inconsistent dll linkage
    d:\project\oep\phase2\tools\qt\workspace\oep-build-desktop\debug\../../oep/scribblearea.h(53) : see previous definition of 'metaObject'
    debug\moc_scribblearea.cpp(59) : warning C4273: 'ScribbleArea::qt_metacast' : inconsistent dll linkage
    d:\project\oep\phase2\tools\qt\workspace\oep-build-desktop\debug\../../oep/scribblearea.h(53) : see previous definition of 'qt_metacast'
    debug\moc_scribblearea.cpp(67) : warning C4273: 'ScribbleArea::qt_metacall' : inconsistent dll linkage
    d:\project\oep\phase2\tools\qt\workspace\oep-build-desktop\debug\../../oep/scribblearea.h(53) : see previous definition of 'qt_metacall'

How can I get rid of it?