Hi, I'm creating a GUI and I would love some guidance as programming isn't my strongest point.

I would inevitably like my GUI to work on Windows, Linux and Mac OS (this is why I decided to use QT as the way I understand it, it enables me to do this very thing).

As for the questions in regards to my GUI.

I started out by creating a new Qt Widget Project and selected Qt Gui Application.

I then went into the visual design page where I put together my GUI visually. However, I don't quite know which components to use for my intended purpose.

I'm basically trying to create this:

http://wallentins.com/images/CSL/FRO...proach%201.jpg

So this widget will have a screen, it will have page select keys (e.g. DIR, PROG, PERF), it will have "line select keys" - that's those buttons next to the screen with -, a keyboard and a numberpad and finally keys enabling me to scroll through pages shown in the display of the corresponding Page (e.g. DIR, PROG etc).

The tricky part with all of this is that essentially, the "Page" keys select different pages, the keyboard and number pad enable the user to input data into the screen and the line select keys then copy the input data and paste them into the corresponding "lines" adjacent to the pressed line select key.

My problem is that I don't know which objects to use to create the layout for my GUI. I can create all the buttons of an appropriate size but then I don't know how I would link their as I explained, quite unique functionality to the screen part. Speaking of which, what would I use as the screen?

I was thinking of using something along the lines of the tab widget for the pages and then have a stacked widget assigned to each tab of the tab widget and then maybe use concealed radio buttons as the "action" which selects the required field to be used for data storage but I don't know whether this would work.

If I simply insert all the buttons that I require, then I can create the exact layout I need, however I don't what to use for the screen... if I use the second idea that I presented i.e. tab widget + stacked widget etc, then I don't know how to modify those widgets to the layout that I desire.

Any ideas on how I would tackle this problem?