Thread: When I execute the project from Qt Creator the program unexpectedly finished

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Question When I execute the project from Qt Creator the program unexpectedly finished

Hi all,

I have developed a project that use a dynamic library. I need put the dll in the executable folder to execute the project. I have detected an issue, when I execute the project from Qt Creator, the program unexpectedly finished. I have copied the libraries in the debug and release folder but the problem persists.
    If I execute the exe program manually from release or debug folders, the program runs properly.

What's wrong?

Regards.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: When I execute the project from Qt Creator the program unexpectedly finished

Probably missing dependency.

get depends/dependency walker and have a look
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: When I execute the project from Qt Creator the program unexpectedly finished

I know the dependencies, are two dll. The problem is that if I execute the application from Qt Creator the program does not run and I get the error message: "the program unexpectedly finished". I have copied the two dll into the executable path.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Question Re: When I execute the project from Qt Creator the program unexpectedly finished

Why in one case (execution manually) the execution works properly and in another case (from Qt Creator) the execution fails?

What is the root folder that Qt Creator uses to execute a program?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

since it crashes when run from creater, I strongly suggest you run it in debug and use the tools you have available to you...
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

have 100% the same troubles

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

For me problem solved.
    1. check if you have in PATH only Qt MinGw. If you find others remove it.
    2. Build lib using Qt MinGw, for me it was opencv - http://www.laganiere.name/opencvCook...hap1s1_2.shtml