Hi,

My new Qt application requires to apply a database functionality. I was looking for a simple solution that would not required anything to be installed such as MySql. Therefore, my choice was SQLite. I read its description and I really liked its simplicity but I found a slight problem with text stored in a database. Basically, I cannot make the SQLite work to store unicode character sets. The problem is following. When I try to create database in SQLite (via command line) and then fill it with data, using following command:
Qt Code:
  1. sqlite3 myname.db < the_file.sql
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
the table is not filled with unicode characters but its simple versions, after I query the table. For instance, instead of having words with characters ą,ć,ę,ł,ń,ż, and ź, I get words with characters a,c,e,l,n,z, and z, for instance źdźbło is converted into zdzblo. Why is it happening? Does SQLite have problems with unicode characters? I though it could handle them because it is even possible to run the command
Qt Code:
  1. PRAGMA encoding = 'UTF-8';
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Has someone any experience with SQLite and provide some information and clues how to overcome this problem. I will be grateful for that.

ZikO