Thread: How to make install app using statically built opensource libraries using Qt 5

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default How to make install app using statically built opensource libraries using Qt 5

I built the opensource libraries using the configure -static option (plus other options) on Windows 7 32 bit. I then ran nmake and added the compiled libraries to Qt 5 as a kit, and built the app. Then I added the necessary dlls using the instructions at

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtd...t-windows.html

The resulting package runs on Windows 7 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit, but it doesn't run on XP, Vista, or Windows 8. Does anyone have any experience in which other dlls are needed. I used dependency walker, but the list of dlls is huge. Is it just a process of elimination with that list, or is there some needed dlls that are commmonly needed. Also dependency walker does completely list all of the dlls. For example, does it list DirectX SDK needed dlls (I used configure with the -angle option)? Or other dlls not listed? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: How to make install app using statically built opensource libraries using Qt 5

it doesn't run on XP, Vista, or Windows 8
    Is there an error message? Which build of Qt 5 do you use? Did you copy "qminimal.dll" and "qwindows.dll", too? That libraries have to be in the "platforms"-subdirectory and dependency walker may not list them. Did you install Visual C++ Redistributable an XP, Vista and Windows 8?