Hello,

i figured out that the showFullScreen() method of an undocked (floated) QDockWidget behaves unhandy/different under Windows XP compared to OSX and Linux. Only under XP it behaves as i aspected - appears maximized without title bar. OSX (lion) just maximizes it and ubuntu gnome seems to do just nothing.

So how can i achieve a real fullscreen mode for a floated QDockWidget under Linux aswell as under OSX and Windows?

I additionally created an stack overflow question with this concern: stckoerflw, here you can see a simple example how to reproduce this different (in my p.o.v. wrong) behaviour of qt4.8. Please have a look, there you'll find some additional informations.

Any suggestions are wellcome - shure the OS'es have different window managing systems - but that's why i think this may be a bug or unwanted behaviour within qt!?

I am very interested in a linux (ubuntu gnome shell) solution, because this the major plattform my app is running on.
Nevertheless a plattform independant solution is the reason why i choose qt for gui develepment...

Thanks a lot