Thread: GraphicsMagick & Qt -- undefined reference to '_imp__InitializeMagick' (MinGW Win XP)

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default GraphicsMagick & Qt -- undefined reference to '_imp__InitializeMagick' (MinGW Win XP)

Trying to get GraphicsMagick to play with Qt. Built GraphicsMagick from source using the same MinGW that came with Qt5.3. GM was built to yield static libraries. MSYS GUI wasn't installed so used MSYS command line shell and as a result had to put GM source inside the MSYS file tree, hence the weird locations shown in the .pro file.

Getting this error: undefined reference to '_imp__InitializeMagick'.

I may be mixing things up somehow between the 'C' API and C++. With C++ I'm getting about the same error but it's mangled. I'd prefer to go the 'C' route as I know it better. I apologize if this isn't an appropriate question for this forum but I don't know where else to go with it. Thanks

Here is the .pro file:
    Qt Code:
    1. QT += core gui
    3. greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4): QT += widgets
    5. TARGET = GraphicsMagickTest
    6. TEMPLATE = app
    9. SOURCES += main.cpp\
    10. mainwindow.cpp
    12. INCLUDEPATH += C:/msys/1.0/local/include/GraphicsMagick \
    13. C:/msys/1.0/local/include/GraphicsMagick/magick \
    14. C:/msys/1.0/local/include/GraphicsMagick/Magick++ \
    15. C:/msys/1.0/local/include/GraphicsMagick/wand
    17. LIBS += -L"C:\msys\1.0\local\lib"
    18. LIBS += -lGraphicsMagick++ -lGraphicsMagickWand -lGraphicsMagick
    20. HEADERS += mainwindow.h
    22. FORMS += mainwindow.ui
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

And the source code:

Qt Code:
    1. #include "mainwindow.h"
    2. #include "ui_mainwindow.h"
    4. //#include <Magick++> <== this doesn't work, says "no such file or directory"
    5. ///#include "Magick++.h"
    6. #include <magick/api.h>
    7. #include "Magick.h"
    9. //using namespace Magick;
    12. MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
    13. QMainWindow(parent),
    14. ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    15. {
    16. InitializeMagick(NULL);
    18. ui->setupUi(this);
    19. }
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

and the compiler output:

C:/Qt/Qt5.3.0/Tools/mingw482_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory 'C:/QtProjects/build-GraphicsMagickTest-MinGW_Qt5_3-Debug'
    g++ -c -pipe -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -g -frtti -Wall -Wextra -fexceptions -mthreads -DUNICODE -DQT_QML_DEBUG -DQT_DECLARATIVE_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I../GraphicsMagickTest -I'../../msys/1.0/local/include/GraphicsMagick' -I'../../msys/1.0/local/include/GraphicsMagick/magick' -I'../../msys/1.0/local/include/GraphicsMagick/Magick++' -I'../../msys/1.0/local/include/GraphicsMagick/wand' -I'../../Qt/Qt5.3.0/5.3/mingw482_32/include' -I'../../Qt/Qt5.3.0/5.3/mingw482_32/include/QtWidgets' -I'../../Qt/Qt5.3.0/5.3/mingw482_32/include/QtGui' -I'../../Qt/Qt5.3.0/5.3/mingw482_32/include/QtCore' -I'debug' -I'.' -I'.' -I'../../Qt/Qt5.3.0/5.3/mingw482_32/mkspecs/win32-g++' -o debug/mainwindow.o ../GraphicsMagickTest/mainwindow.cpp
    g++ -Wl,-subsystem,windows -mthreads -o debug/GraphicsMagickTest.exe debug/main.o debug/mainwindow.o debug/moc_mainwindow.o -lglu32 -lopengl32 -lgdi32 -luser32 -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -LC:\msys\1.0\local\lib -lGraphicsMagick++ -lGraphicsMagickWand -lGraphicsMagick -LC:/Qt/Qt5.3.0/5.3/mingw482_32/lib -lQt5Widgetsd -lQt5Guid -lQt5Cored
    debug/mainwindow.o: In function `ZN10MainWindowC2EP7QWidget':
    C:\QtProjects\build-GraphicsMagickTest-MinGW_Qt5_3-Debug/../GraphicsMagickTest/mainwindow.cpp:16: undefined reference to `_imp__InitializeMagick'
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    Last edited by faraday; 2nd July 2014 at 05:06. Reason: linking to static library, not shared