All,

Using QWebEngine under Linux. When the upload button is clicked on the Web page a file chooser dialog pops up as expected. It doesn't look like the other file choosers on the platform, so I assume the Chromium code is providing its own. Since I cannot get a console and we are locked at 5.4, I was wondering if anyone knew what the embedded chrome file chooser returns (if anything) when a cancel is pressed. Is there per chance a signal which gets fired out to my application? What does it send to the Web page?

The Webcontent developers have something which works on most platforms, except this one, but the lack of debug makes this a PITA. When we cancel out of the dialog the Web page gray screens out, since it is frameless and fullscreen, not much to see. It "acts like" the url is getting cleared, which may be a side effect/but with the file chooser, making the assumption it was being used for a local file load to the main browser when the cancel button is hit.

I'm going to turn on the frame and stuff so I can see if the url is really getting cleared, but knowing that won't really assist in a work around. At an application level I need to determine when the file chooser has been launched and when it was cancelled so I can save the current URL and reload it.

Thanks,