Hello,

Short story: One specific operation with an ActiveX API only works with QAxObject if I run the Qt program "as Administrator" in Windows 7/8. Same ActiveX API works without "Administrator" from an Excel VBA. Am I missing something?

I have been using Qt with QAxObject to use the SAP Business One API integration for years. I'm currently using Qt 5.2.

Unfortunately after a SAP B1 upgrade last year I started getting an error when establishing a database connection (I could workaround it, and the QAxObject still works with the API; it's just the initial connection that I had to workaround by "capturing" the session from an open SAP login UI).

At first I thought it was only an API problem (and could not complain to SAP, as Qt integration is not officially supported), but recently I realize that if I run the Qt program "as Administrator", the connection works fine.

It is not the ActiveX API that is requiring administrator, because I can use the same objects from an Excel VBA without running it "as Administrator".

Is there some "trusted" list of applications which can use an ActiveX object without Admin? Any hints?

Here's my old post at the SAP forum with more details (note that I only found out about UAC recently, so the first posts are guessings):
https://scn.sap.com/thread/3568698

Thanks!

Joao S Veiga