Thread: MSVC based ibraries with QT & Mingw ?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default MSVC based ibraries with QT & Mingw ?

I have the idea of integrate read-write capabilities for autocad DWG files into my program.
    The OPENdesignalliance has a c++ library for this.
    ( Has anybody use it on QT?)

Now, they offer visual studio compiled versions for windows and gcc ## versions for mac & linux (up to 4.4 )

Now I have my program written to be compiled by gcc - mingw.

What have I to do ? ( my doubts )
    - Maybe I can to compile my program with cl.exe ? Need I the complete visual studio ?
    - Have I to change my code to be MS C++ compatible before to compile ?
    - Is the MS compiler an independent product ? ( Can I buy ony the compiler ?)
    - Can I use a MSVC based library from my mingw based applying some kind of trick ?
    - Depend all of this of the static/dynamic type of the libraries offered ?

I am very confused.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: MSVC based ibraries with QT & Mingw ?

Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

3. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

tonnot (16th September 2011)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Thanks....

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

You know what? All I ever see you do is make smart ass replies like this. Why don't you ever have anything else to say but things like this? Would you do this to my face? You are so confident sitting at your keyboard. Why don't you grow up, already.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by sapslaj View Post
    You know what? All I ever see you do is make smart ass replies like this. Why don't you ever have anything else to say but things like this?
    I don't really want to argue with such texts, you are personally offensive against me which is against the rules of this site. Nobody forces you to read my replies, nobody forces you to follow my advices. In this particular case I gave a very precise answer to the problem, I don't see the point of rewriting something that has already been written elsewhere. If there is a Qt question around, I'm usually answering it myself, if the question is unrelated to Qt (like in this case), I usually give a link to where the answer can be found. My point is to educate people so that they can solve their next problem on their own. If you're only after ready and complete solutions, then I pitty you, you won't learn this way. If you wish to discuss the quality of questions and answers at QtCentre, please start a new topic in the general discussion subforum, this is an interesting subject and I'm sure others will want to say a couple of sentences as well.

Would you do this to my face? You are so confident sitting at your keyboard.
    Please visit Warsaw, we have trainings three times a week, I'm sure we can find 10 minutes for a free-fight if you want. Just let me know in advance, so that I can skip children training session, because the kids can sometimes be like energy sucking vampires to the trainer. Oh, and about the face part -- hard to say, I'm a rather short guy, so I'd probably have to say that to your chest

@tonnot: regarding your PM -- no worries, wouldn't ever thought that way.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

@tonnot: This subject about dwg files is also very intersting to me. Some time a go I read the OPEN design alliance site with some attention. They have several toolkits versions of their dwg file librarys wich Qt is not include. But if memory doesnt fail me, I think they also say that upon request they could provide other versions. So perhaps you should try email them asking for a Qt version, one never knows. If you have any progress on this, feel free to share. Also there's QCad, not sure but I think they have a opensource library for dxf files.

Regards
    João