Thread: Cross-Compiling Question / Sanity Check

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Red face Cross-Compiling Question / Sanity Check

On the huge assumption that I can get MinGW running properly on my Mac, would I then need a Mac compiled Qt and a MinGW compiled Qt ?

As I would be using two different compilers, I suspect the answer to be yes.

Thanks

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Cross-Compiling Question / Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post

On the huge assumption that I can get MinGW running properly on my Mac, would I then need a Mac compiled Qt and a MinGW compiled Qt ?

As I would be using two different compilers, I suspect the answer to be yes.

Thanks
    MinGW is just an incarnation of gcc running on Windows and targeting "native" Windows. It won't run on Mac.

There is, however, gcc on Mac, targeting Mac. It might be possible to set up a gcc cross compiler Mac -> Windows, but I have not heard of it. What "kind of Qt" you need depends on the trargeted platform.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default Re: Cross-Compiling Question / Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by ktk View Post
    MinGW is just an incarnation of gcc running on Windows and targeting "native" Windows. It won't run on Mac.

There is, however, gcc on Mac, targeting Mac. It might be possible to set up a gcc cross compiler Mac -> Windows, but I have not heard of it. What "kind of Qt" you need depends on the trargeted platform.

I do not want to RUN it on a Mac, I want to BUILD it on a Mac to run on a PC