Hy, I'm a QT beginner, I tried to install and run it today on my Windows machine, but despite my best efforts and to my disappointment only caused lots of wasted hours. I tried everything possible, but this thing is impossible to start.

Okay, so after a day of work, I figured out how to set up most of it. I've gotten to the part where everything needed is in the path, I generated the project, the source files and the Makefile (with qmake). The only thing that doesn't work is the last step. I tried with nmake, i got this error:

Qt Code:
  1. e:/Qt/qt/bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -
  2. DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"..\..\Qt\qt\include\QtCore" -I"
  3. ..\..\Qt\qt\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\Qt\qt\include" -I"." -I"..\..\Qt\qt\include\
  4. ActiveQt" -I"debug" -I"." -I"..\..\qt\qt\mkspecs\win32-msvc2005" -D_MSC_VER=1400
  5. -DWIN32 myqtapp.h -o debug\moc_myqtapp.cpp
  6. cl -c -nologo -Zm200 -Zc:wchar_t- -Zi -MDd -GR -EHsc -W3 -w34100 -w34189
  7. -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -D
  8. QT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"..\..\Qt\qt\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\Qt\qt\include\QtGui" -
  9. I"..\..\Qt\qt\include" -I"." -I"..\..\Qt\qt\include\ActiveQt" -I"debug" -I"." -I
  10. "..\..\qt\qt\mkspecs\win32-msvc2005" -Fodebug\ @C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Te
  11. mp\nm17F.tmp
  12. NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\c
  13. l.EXE"' : return code '0xc0000135'
  14. Stop.
  15. NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\n
  16. make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
  17. Stop.
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Then I installed mingw, this one gave the following error:

Qt Code:
  1. E:\qttest\myqtapp>mingw32-make
  2. mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug
  3. mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `E:/qttest/myqtapp'
  4. Makefile.Debug:61: *** missing separator. Stop.
  5. mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `E:/qttest/myqtapp'
  6. mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

The source files are taken from this tutorial, unmodified. The env. variables are set like the instructions said. Searched google, tried setting the path with vcvarsall.bat, reinstalled 2 times, but I can't figure it out, and I can't spend one more day on this, it's hard for me to understand why it needs to be so complicated.

Thx for your help.