Thread: qmake generated .sln files not build by vcbuild?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Unhappy qmake generated .sln files not build by vcbuild?

I'm trying to use the vcbuild.exe tool that comes with MS Visual Studio t build my qmake-based project from the command line, but vcbuild will always say that the .sln file generated by qmake is corrupt. opening the same file in MS Visual Studio just works fine. Moreover, saving the file from Visual Studio (without making any changes) will make it work with vcbuild as well. interestingly, just opening the file in Visual Studio and closing it right away, I will get a prompt if I want to save the file, even if I didn't change anything. it seems Visual Studio is finding some problem it's fixing automatically.

I also found a but reported last year on this very issue: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-2768

does anyone else have the same issue?

this prevents me from building my project automatically from hudson, a continous integration tool.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: qmake generated .sln files not build by vcbuild?

Quote Originally Posted by akos.maroy View Post
    I'm trying to use the vcbuild.exe tool that comes with MS Visual Studio t build my qmake-based project from the command line, but vcbuild will always say that the .sln file generated by qmake is corrupt. opening the same file in MS Visual Studio just works fine. Moreover, saving the file from Visual Studio (without making any changes) will make it work with vcbuild as well. interestingly, just opening the file in Visual Studio and closing it right away, I will get a prompt if I want to save the file, even if I didn't change anything. it seems Visual Studio is finding some problem it's fixing automatically.

I also found a but reported last year on this very issue: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-2768

does anyone else have the same issue?

this prevents me from building my project automatically from hudson, a continous integration tool.
    Could you just copy the .sln generated by qmake before you open it in VS and compare it to the one you have after you close VS?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: qmake generated .sln files not build by vcbuild?

Quote Originally Posted by ktk View Post
    Could you just copy the .sln generated by qmake before you open it in VS and compare it to the one you have after you close VS?
    I will, next time I boot into windows.

but, actually I found that the devenv tool, also part of MS Visual Studio, which can also fire up the MS VC IDE, can compile it in command line mode:

Qt Code:
    1. devenv myproject.sln /Build
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode