Thread: Commnication between two seprate application running on same machine through D-Bus.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Commnication between two seprate application running on same machine through D-Bus.

hi all,

I want to use the d-bus on my qt application and the other application which is connected in the network. My both applications namely QT and SERVER application will run on PIC32 Controllers. I have studied about the D-Bus and get the idea about the client-server model.And istalled the D-bus library.

My design idea is that,on certain evernts on LCD ,qt will send events to the server and when server wants to dislay some messages on LCD than it will send the message string through the d-bus. But,This is just my asumption. I dont know if this is possible and how?

Can any one please guide me about this.?
    what should i do to send or recv some messages to the QT application ,which will display this messages on LCD?
    How can be this done?

Expecting a reply .Thanks.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Commnication between two seprate application running on same machine through D-Bu

hello,

I am going ahead with the QT d-bus protocol. I need to check it the prelimanary requirements.
    I have checked and read some tutorials and now i have one doubt.My qt application will be a client and another application will be a
    server.

Now, in this case qt appln will demand a service a from the server,which is entirely written in "C" Language. server will have to
    register its services and objects. Now as i told u it is written in "C",how can i register the service and objects? I dont have any class to register
    and any object.

how can this be possible.pease guide me.
    thanks to all.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Commnication between two seprate application running on same machine through D-Bu

helllow,all

no body is replying?pls reply me freinds.i am stucked into my work.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

ohhhhhhh too long.

Finally,no body is capable of guiding and solving the issue like this.very bad.

Any way thnks to the suporters.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Build server application as a qt application.Is should work.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Thanks for that.Thats right.

But i dont want that. I want communication between qt and nonqt application.I dont want to make server application a qt application.
    please guide me on this.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Hi, I'm just a beginner with Qt but maybe you could write a qt library for the "C" server. The Qt library should handle the communication with d-bus.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

No need to make a qt library. I have done this. And my remote application can call the qt cunftion. Remote application is a client and is written using glib and dbus.

Any way thanks.