Thread: Why does Designer alter my UI upon Save/Load?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Why does Designer alter my UI upon Save/Load?

I have been using Designer for a few days and notice that upon saving an interface, Designer will replace all my layouts with widgets and start malfunctioning.

What I am doing:

I create a new main window form, place a square frame and beneath it two small tool buttons both of the same minimum and maximum size to prevent them from resizing, I also put a horizontal sizer next to them. I mark all four widgets and put them in a grid layout and change its spacing to 0 to pack the widgets neatly together.

At this point everything is fine, I can see the red frame of the layout and it will move and resize the widgets within as expected. I then save the form, quit Designer, start it up again and load the form.

Now, looking in the object inspector window, what used to be my "<noname> QGridlayout" has now been replaced by a "Widget QWidget", still grouping my widgets inside and functioning as a grid layout, however it is not displaying its red frame and I am not able to break the layout. If I delete this new grouping widget and its children, its layout effect will sometimes persist, and creating a new widget in the main window will make it size and position as if the entire window itself was a grid layout, eventhough I did not perform that step.

How do I resolve this? I am using the precompiled Qt Designer in the 4.1.4 Open Source package under Windows XP SP2.
    Last edited by ZB; 17th September 2006 at 12:18.