Thread: QML TextArea zooming/scaling

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default QML TextArea zooming/scaling

Hello all! I am fairly new to Qt, and I have question to ask the more experienced Qt developers. I am planning on developing a simple eTextbook application using a proprietary format. I just need it to be basic (formatted text, tables, lists, images, highlighting text). I thought that using the QTextDocument structure with a TextArea QML item to display it would be a good combination. I wanted to implement zooming capabilities that would scale everything (images included), not just increasing the text size. I can do this by scaling the contentItem of the TextArea (and also using Qt rendering, instead of native for better scaled text). If I scale large enough, I would need the scrollbars to shrink in width, indicating there is an increasing area to be panned. I thought I could trick the scroll view into this by scaling the contentItem.width and contentItem.height by the same factor to achieve this. Unfortunately, this does not seem to work. Any ideas? Is this even the best approach for an eTextbook reader? FYI, I looked into poppler and mupdf, but decided against those due to the GPL license

Thank you very much for your time and input!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QML TextArea zooming/scaling

What if you scale the text area an put it into a scrollview to provide the panning?

Cheers,
    _