Thread: How to keep parts of a QGraphicsScene in view at all times, when scrolling

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Question How to keep parts of a QGraphicsScene in view at all times, when scrolling

Hi all

For a “tracker” style music interface I have a QGraphicsView for entering and editing patterns of notes – I have attached a picture for a visual aid It is not that far removed from a spreadsheet.

Similarly to a spreadsheet, I would like to keep the “TrackHeader” and the “LineNumberColumn” in view at all times (respectively, the horizontal bar with the LEDs, and the vertical bar with the series of numbers).

That is, when scrolling horizontally or vertically, the TrackHeader and LineNumberColumn should stay visible, while still scrolling in one axis (i.e. the LineNumberColumn will scroll through the numbers to match up with the main grid, and the TrackHeader will scroll through the tracks to match up with the tracks in the main grid.)

Currently they both disappear if you scroll, as shown in the second image attached. I need to make them “fixed” parts of the scene in a sense. I wonder what might be the best way to go about it?

Thanks for any advice,
    Neil
    Attached Images Attached Images