Thread: Custom objects in a QGraphicScene

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Custom objects in a QGraphicScene

Hi there,
    I am trying to create some custom objects and use them in a GraphicScene
    The objects should have some editable text boxes which should allow setting some of the parameters of the object. The only thing I saw appropriate for this would be QGraphicsTextItem.

My question is:
    - could I have more complex stuff in a GraphicsItem like comboBoxes, LineEdits or other advanced editable objects? How could I include this stuff in QGraphicsItem?

Cheers

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Custom objects in a QGraphicScene

I am trying to create some custom objects and use them in a GraphicScene
    The objects should have some editable text boxes which should allow setting some of the parameters of the object. The only thing I saw appropriate for this would be QGraphicsTextItem.
    You should subclass QGraphicsItem and do everything in there. Maybe this should be an item group, containing a text item and possibly something else, depending on what you need.

My question is:
    - could I have more complex stuff in a GraphicsItem like comboBoxes, LineEdits or other advanced editable objects? How could I include this stuff in QGraphicsItem?
    There has been an attempt:
    http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2007...s-and-widgets/

But my guess is you should make your own items that behave that way. For example, like a combo box.
    This way you could really customize their look&feel very easy, since it's all a matter of drawing something in the right place.

Regards

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Custom objects in a QGraphicScene

Yes, sub classing QGraphicsItem is what I'm doing anyway ...but it is just not enough
    I think it all comes down to displaying QWidgets on the scene. Following your link I stumbled upon http://labs.trolltech.com/page/Proje...Graphics_Items which mostly summarizes my problem.
    If you know more about this issue or have other example of such implementations I would really appreciate the help

Thanks for the link!