Thread: Open source automated testing tool for Qt App

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Open source automated testing tool for Qt App

Quote Originally Posted by wysota View Post
    KDE applications are probably ones that use KApplication instead of QApplication.
    Actually, that's fair to assume but not a *real* KDE app as per froglogic. The KApplication also needs to have a KAboutData filled in correctly. So, I wrote a real simple KDE App with these but Squish failed with an error saying "AUT is not an open source application". And froglogic failed to completely define a *real* KDE App. Well.. may be they want the open source developer to keep trying. This is why I wrote "they are very secretive". Try getting the *free* Squish/KDE 4 version and you can see this.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Open source automated testing tool for Qt App

Quote Originally Posted by William Wilson View Post
    Actually, that's fair to assume but not a *real* KDE app as per froglogic. The KApplication also needs to have a KAboutData filled in correctly. So, I wrote a real simple KDE App with these but Squish failed with an error saying "AUT is not an open source application". And froglogic failed to completely define a *real* KDE App. Well.. may be they want the open source developer to keep trying. This is why I wrote "they are very secretive".
    You are much too hard on the Frogs. They are really helpful people and at least some of them contribute to KDE itself. I don't know what problems you had, but I'm sure a bit of good will is enough to solve them. The problems you mention are probably a kind of protection against abusing the software which I can totally understand.

Try getting the *free* Squish/KDE 4 version and you can see this.
    Actually I got the Qt4 version for evaluation without any big problems. There was a problem with a licence, but it was easily solved.