Hi

I have two suggestions/ideas/requests (you choose the correct one!) regarding drag & drop with model/view classes, for the Qt developers: -
  1. While moving an item in a view using drag & drop, insertRows() and removeRows() functions are used. Can't models have single function (may be moveRows()) to achieve this?
  2. Can drag&drop action from one view to another, both having same models, be made to work like a move operation?

What do you think?
Do Qt developers have an eye on this forum or I'll have to submit a wish (Can I?)?

I am using model/view classes extensively in my application. Models in my app are not only used to store data but are also used for anything which needs to be done with it and at times two views display data from single model.

Also, those who are working with custom models may have noticed very buggy behaviour of drag & drop operations. Right? Or there is there something seriously wrong with my implementation? I tried hard but failed to generate a smaller variation of my model to show you code.

With regards